Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Harry Potter

While I could approach the order of these entries in a number of ways, I am going to start with the biggest scar in my life, the "Harry Potter" scar. I phrase it this way not because I am a total nerd, but because this scar is one that will shape my life forever, and one that cannot fully heal as it comes from an internal injury of my heart and soul. Also in relation to this scar, it has a connection ton all my other scars and effects them in each in a unique way that never lets me be free from pain.

This scar is one tied very close to my spiritual life. The cause of it comes from an incident that occurred during the summer of 2008. At that time I was working my second summer as a youth intern at my home congregation. There were a lot of different factors that played a part in that happened that summer, but as I am only one player in this game of life, it is not fair for me to put them all on here from my skewed perspective. I say all of this to basically say that my home congregation split that summer. I sincerely hope that you never have to experience this pain or have to go through the events that followed. Following the initial event, my spiritual life literally went into a chaos of spirals.

While I was lucky enough to survive most of these spirals, I am no longer the same person that I once was. This is both a positive and negative thing in my life, as it has helped me realize just how fragile the solid things are in our life. The positive changes I have made or attempted to make have made me stronger. As for the negative, these are forces and habits that don't drive my life, but do have a unwanted place in my life.

As with all things in my life, I am thankful for everyday that I am able to live and have the ability to work through the many challenges of life. These tasks are made easier by having great friends and family to help me through the rough parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment