Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Beginnings...

I almost didn't write this post, but thought the benefits would trump the consequences. (How many times have I heard or written that statement?)

Either way, after much thought, self-reflection, and a few discussions with close friends, I have decided to try and write my feelings and/or reflections down more often (Again, I know I have said/written this many times also, but it is the thought that counts).

I am once again making a few simple goals for 2013, many of which I hope that I can keep. While I would love to put them all here out in the open, there are a few which are personal and/or I don't feel comfortable posting because they involve a few other people (those involved know who they are and what their role(s) are).

The largest and possibly most difficult task I am resolving to do is to quit comparing my successes/failures, especially in regards to the past. I have found that the constant comparison of successes and failures often results in periods of euphoria and depression respectively.  This see-saw of emotions caused me much stress during 2012, from which I didn't always make the best of choices to remedy the situation.

I think for the most part the posts I try to put on here this year are going to be around this length give or take. I may also try a few different types of posts (reviews, journals, reflections, etc.) every now and then to spice things up.

I will end this post with a few of the more generic/simple goals for the year:

1) Do a daily bible reading (3 Chapters Mon-Sat, 5 on Sun)
2) Read 50 books during 2013
3) Cook and experiment with different foods, recipes, and techniques
4) Be a better friend and Christian example

- Christopher

(P.S. Extra points for anyone who can tell me actor from an SNL sketch who "writes" a song with the same title as this post...lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment