The first person I am choosing to spotlight is a very special person that I didn’t know that well, but was a great example and teacher to others. This person is Ms. Tina Kersey.
Ms. Tina is the mother of Caleb, C.J. and Will Kersey, Marlinia Rhodes, and Maria Buckner. Her husband Randy Kersey is the minister for the Main Street Church of Christ in Mt. Pleasant, TN.
Ms. Tina recently lost a lengthy battle with breast cancer. I didn’t know Ms. Tina very well, but I saw her great example and dedicated spirit in her children who have played important parts in my life.
It wasn’t until last night, when a friend and I were at the visitation for her funeral that I realized just how large a part Ms. Tina had played in my life. My grandmother died of lung cancer in 2005, so I felt a connection to her through the cancer and the pain her grandchildren are feeling at this point, but the connection went deeper.
When I arrived at the church for the visitation last night, the line stretched out and around the building into an adjacent parking lot. This is an event that I can only relate to one other point in my life which was the death of Josh Riley. For that many people to come and pay their respects to Ms. Tina and show support to her family shows that she was truly a great person and touched many people by her example.
She truly let her Christian light shine on those around her. She has taught me how to be a better person and Christian even though I never spent much time with her. A part of her will live on in my heart, and shall help my Christian light shine.
No comments:
Post a Comment