Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ultimate Irony

So, let me start off by thanking some good friends (okay, only one, but he is a pretty awesome guy) for talking me into starting a blog. I have blogged off and on for a while, but have never committed to it.

Ever since I created this blog a few days ago, I’ve been trying to figure out what to write about. And then it came to me as I suffered through one of the worst days of my collegiate life so far. I guess that I am lucky that this hasn’t happened to me before my senior year, but at the same time it has me worried about the rest of the year with graduation possibly on the line.

For the most part, my semester if full of great classes that I enjoy and am not overly concerned with doing well. The only class that I have been afraid of is the one Bible class that is required for my major. This class is taught by a professor that I had hoped to be able to avoid having, but no such luck.

I should also probably mention at this point the new campus wide attendance policy that you are only allowed to miss 25% of the class meetings of a class before you are dropped from the class. The particular class being discussed meets twice a week, so I am allowed to miss 7 times for the semester.

On to the reason for the title. The first test of the semester for this class took place this morning. A test which I studied for most of yesterday and several hours early this morning, only to sleep through and miss. Because of this, I studied all night for a test I wasn’t able to take, in addition to now having either 4 or 5 absences in this class.

So, today hasn’t exactly been a great day, but now that I have let all of cyberspace know my problems, I feel oddly better. I am now probably a 7/10 on the “Dr. Mark” scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment